Monday, February 28, 2011

Easiest Driving Test Los Angeles

LIVES NEAR THREE DAYS IN SWITZERLAND


The most outrageous thing that I almost to do and finally I did in Freiburg was crocodile steak dinner served by a waitress in Iraq. This seems so very exotic, but it was actually a 60's style conservatory restaurant named The Penguin and the decor seemed a Tati film.

Freiburg
But we had not gone to devour dinosaurs, Freiburg had gone to stay warm and to give some lessons of introduction to the history of comics in a series of conferences organized by the Department of English literature of the Swiss university. I must say that it's funny to be talking about the history of comics and a half hour by train from where Töpffer Rodolphe drew his histoires in estampes back in the twenties of 1800. Of course, Töpffer was one of the great unknown for the students of the course, which, I told the organizer, Professor July Peñate, had covered their seats very quickly. The audience was very varied ages and backgrounds, all of it very diligent and eager to learn more about what this curious cultural object not found, as he calls Groensteen. Although the Swiss culture is closely related to German and French cultural spheres, and therefore in the Fnac Fribourg is a huge amount of bds, it is obvious that the comic still baffles the general public and adult. Fewer, though. Once again I meet women's cases around 40-50 years who started reading comics now, without a prior history as readers, through which his path had crossed Modotti Angel Street or Maus by Art Spiegelman. Surely if there was a work that all knew was Maus, Grand Master Key Universal adult comics. But now they wanted more, wanted to continue reading comics.

Anyway, really enjoyed it (did I mention because it was cold?) And I am very grateful to Julio and his wife, Ana, for treatment as extraordinary I dispensed. I am sure that in the future will give us new joys related to the comic and the university. Ideas and willingness to achieve are not lacking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment